Problems with services not rendered satisfactorily
- If the work/service does not meet your requirements, you may demand that the work be executed to your satisfaction.
- Pay only for the part of the work you are satisfied with. (If you cannot come to an
- agreement with the service provider, have a knowledgeable person confirm your share of the costs.)
- If the services/activities have caused you damage, you may claim damages.
- If the service provider does not complete the agreed work within the contract period you may demand completion within a reasonable time. If not, arrange that someone else completes/does the work and pay the first person for the work he has done.
- Determine prices in writing, in the form of quotations.