Security is a service which is purchased under emotional circumstances, often after a burglary or an attack on an individual. It is recommended that the following questions be asked of a security company before committing yourself to a contract.
- Is your company a member of any recognised security association or body? If so, which?
- Are you and your staff registered with the Security Association of SA (Any company not so registered is acting illegally and therefore is be likely to let you down.)
- How long have you been in business?
- Ask the company to provide at least five references, and make sure that you check on these references before making your final decision.
- Ask your insurance company if they know and recommend the company you are thinking of using.